- Act as a source of expertise for all matters relating to software development testing
- Championing testing standards for all phases of testing, influencing all parties to conform to those standards
- Participating in continual improvement to testing processes and tools. Identifying improvements to processes on a regular basis, contributing to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice taking into account industry standards and certification (e.g. ISO9000)
- Working with Competency Centres to execute the testing strategy for each of their products throughout the product lifecycle
- Ensuring strict adherence to all agreed Policies, procedures and standards e.g. change, release, security, data retention
- Ensuring reuse of existing test artefacts whenever possible
- Providing estimates for solution proposals on request.
- Signoff for testing completion prior to transfer to release management.
Management, on a project basis, those staff selected to perform test activities.
Management of third-party test resources